St. John the Wonderworker Orthodox Church is a “Christian village” in the heart of the historic Whiteaker Neighborhood of Eugene, Oregon. A parish of the Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Western America, St. John’s is a church for all and is Eugene’s link to the still-living Church of the Apostles and the ancient path of Christian spirituality. Our community practices prayer, repentance, and service. When you hear the bells calling all to prayer, come join us and encounter the oldest and original Christian Way.
The “Our Community” section of the website describes aspects of our community life:
- “Divine Services” explains the importance of the Orthodox Christian prayer life.
- “Trapeza” describes our meal that follows the Divine Liturgy every Sunday and provides the trapeza team schedule.
- “Community Classes and Book Studies” provides information and a schedule for classes and book studies offered at St. John the Wonderworker.
- “Community Resources” offers links to helpful Internet resources for the community.
- “Our Saint” presents the life of our patron saint: St. John the Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco.
- “Our Clergy” includes the biographies of St. John’s clergy, present and past.
- “Our Neighborhood” describes Whiteaker – the Eugene, Oregon neighborhood that is home to St. John the Wonderworker Orthodox Church.