You can securely donate online using the button above with any credit card, debit card, or a bank account.
For the month of April 2020, a donor has come forward and generously offered to match donations , up to $500.
God loveth a cheerful giver.
2 Cor. 9:7
We also accept donations by check. You can mail the checks to
St. John the Wonderworker
PO Box 2529
Eugene, OR 97402
The St. John the Wonderworker Orthodox community is dedicated to Christ’s commandment to love: “A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another” (John 13:34-35). His ideal of leadership derives from this love and takes the form of service: “Whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant” (Matt. 20:27).
Our community strives, in its own feeble way, to love and to serve our neighbors. One may contribute to this ministry by clicking the button below. St. John the Wonderworker is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit overseen by the priest and a Board of non-compensated members, each voted onto the Board by the community after first qualifying both by being of sound moral character and in good standing with the Church.
When you make a donation, you may designate your donation in one of the following ways:
- Donations that are not otherwise designated go to the church general fund. This fund covers essential maintenance and stewardship expenses. The church is dependent on donations to meet these expenses. In the past, we have also used this fund to help parishioners with medical expenses.
- Donations that include a note that they are for “Charity” go to a fund assisting those in need who look for help from the neighborhood church.
- Donations that include a note that they are for “First Saturday Neighborhood Breakfast” go to our monthly breakfast for our neighbors in need.
- Donations that include a note that they are for the “Building Fund” go to a fund supporting essential building projects, such as our church remodel, a future trapeza (fellowship) hall, and a future parking lot.
- Donations that include a note that they are for “Iconography” go to a fund supporting the beautification of God’s Holy House by making the walls and ceiling of the church “transparent to Eternity” with iconographic murals.